Might and Magic Tribute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'd like to contribute to the project

2 posters

Go down

I'd like to contribute to the project Empty I'd like to contribute to the project

Post  Akkarin Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:03 pm

Hello,

I'm a german IT student and i really enjoyed playing MM6/7.
I wanted to join the forum some weeks ago, but i couldn't get validated because of Ribannah's absence.

I would like to get involved in the MMT project, but I've got problems to see what is actually going on, since there are some contradictory information on the castlegobs website, the forum and the wiki.

In the wiki it says, that the game will be using the XNA Framework and will be written in C#, then there are some posts in the forum about an engine made by oren, but now it seems like that engine has been dropped and the game will be based on Epic's UDK.
I don't know whether design decisions like that are being discussed in some private are of the forum which i can't access at the moment. But it's very hard to understand what has been accomplished and what is being worked on from an outside perspective.

I have actually believed that development has ceased until I've read about this new forum.

I've got some experience in programming and some knowledge on web design and would like to contribute to the project.

Is there any information beyond what is written in the forum and the wiki that could help me get to know the project?

Greetings
Akkarin

Akkarin
Team Recruit
Team Recruit

Back to top Go down

I'd like to contribute to the project Empty Re: I'd like to contribute to the project

Post  schveider Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:37 am

Hi Akkarin, thanks for your interest.

I would like to get involved in the MMT project, but I've got problems to see what is actually going on, since there are some contradictory information on the castlegobs website, the forum and the wiki.

Yes, you are right.There are much contradictory information because castlegobs and its wiki is maintained by Rib, so there is unfortunately nothing we can do right now.

In the wiki it says, that the game will be using the XNA Framework and will be written in C#, then there are some posts in the forum about an engine made by oren...

Actually it was Oren's idea to use UDK instead of his engine.According to his words he wrote ~10 000 lines of code but much more remained to be written.Last person who worked on it was Jiaozi but I have no idea whether his code was ever uploaded(or where).
There is also important to consider Oren's engine hasn't such advanced level editor like UDK so it would be necessary to write it or place things like lights manually.

I don't know whether design decisions like that are being discussed in some private are of the forum which i can't access at the moment.

This is usually discussed in developer part of castlegobs forum.

But it's very hard to understand what has been accomplished and what is being worked on from an outside perspective.

Well there are many assets but again they are available only with developer status.There are many concept arts, 3d models, some sounds etc.

The reason why I prefer UDK is anyone can quite easily use it (I mean even outside of team) and try current playable version without waiting for release.So far this wasn't possible but I hope the situation gets better.

Is there any information beyond what is written in the forum and the wiki that could help me get to know the project?

Right now I don't remember nothing important.
You wrote you have experience with C#, right?If you wish, you could make game launcher which I wrote about in UDK sources thread.Otherwise you could also try to make some (enemy)character in UnrealScript for example http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CharactersTechnicalGuide.html or make classes for playable charecters.

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

I'd like to contribute to the project Empty Re: I'd like to contribute to the project

Post  Akkarin Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:33 am

Thank you for your explanations.

schveider wrote:
Otherwise you could also try to make some (enemy)character in UnrealScript for example http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/CharactersTechnicalGuide.html or make classes for playable charecters.

I'll take a look at UnrealScript and try to create an enemy character.

Akkarin
Team Recruit
Team Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:22 am

OK, as soon as you are ready to upload some code, pm me your email(it must be gmail account) so you can commit changes into repository.

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down