Might and Magic Tribute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To-Do List

+2
Akkarin
asomath
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

To-Do List - Page 2 Empty how can I help

Post  Zwickelfaust Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:51 am

I'm a 2d illistrator. I specialize in conscept art on character designs. I have no special training but I'd like to help

Zwickelfaust
Spectator
Spectator

Back to top Go down

To-Do List - Page 2 Empty Re: To-Do List

Post  Sinbad Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:02 pm

Hi Zwickelfaust,

Welcome to MMT.
I'm no admin here or anything, but I'm pretty sure the only thing you need to do to get involved is to show you are interested.
You say you would like to do concept art and level design - can you show us any of your artwork that relates to these areas?

Right now we are working on the first level / area of MMT - Serenity.
It is a semi tropical area, very high above sea level that seems to be rich in bamboo etc.
One of the main things that needs concept art and level design at this stage is the abandoned temple level which sits in the middle of the main lake.

Here is one of my early attempts at it that has since been scrapped: https://mmtribute.rpg-board.net/t28-sinbad-s-model-thread

Good luck with the concept art,

- Sinbad

Sinbad
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

To-Do List - Page 2 Empty nice

Post  Zwickelfaust Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:43 am

that's impressive. it reminds me of the temples in M&m8 I'll whip up some conscepts and post them here. I've got a few ideas and I am looking forward to working on them. I'll post some examples of my art.

Zwickelfaust
Spectator
Spectator

Back to top Go down

To-Do List - Page 2 Empty need some reference

Post  Zwickelfaust Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:05 am

in this map is there a town? where does it sit in corelation to the temple? also what is the scale of this temple? is it the remnants of some culture or cult long forgoten to the sands of time? is it a menacing structure that is seen as a cursed evil place that seems to present itself daring for some adventurers to unlock its ancient secrets? I will draw up a rough copy of the temple and maybe some concept monsters if there isnt already some.

Zwickelfaust
Spectator
Spectator

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:44 am

Hi Zwickelfaust,

since you wrote your specialization is character desing I can offer you an alternative to the temple. For now we have only few concept art for monsters in Serenity area where some of them dates back to the beginning of MMT project. If you wish you could make concept art for goblins, namely Jungle Goblin, Tribal Goblin and Goblin Shaman.
If you are interested just tell me and I'll post more info otherwise you are free to draw temple of course.
As for materials concerning temple there are any up-to-date. Only relevant source is Serenity prototype thread. In case you decide for the temple I suggest you to post some sketch first since we haven't came to any agreement how it should look like so far.

schveider

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

To-Do List - Page 2 Empty more then willing

Post  Zwickelfaust Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:53 am

I am more then willing to draw these up for you. post me a link or some details and I'll get to work.. also, I can give the temple a shot. wouldnt hurt to try. if not to compare. thanks for the link by the way. now I realy got a good idea on how the map looks

Zwickelfaust
Spectator
Spectator

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:07 am

I thought this will come - only source was my PM correspondence with guy who were supposed to make Goblins before you but I managed to delete it Very Happy.
Doesn't matter I'll think up something again.

So Serenity area is subtropical thus there are huge forests and I also expect some ruins - the remains of some old civilization. This is environment where our Goblins should live. Unlike the ones living in Enroth (M&M6 - New Sorpigal) these relies on their physical agility than strength. Also I would expect them to be smaller, faster and more cunning. Their attacks on player's party could be coordinated. Basic Jungle Goblins serving as shock troops while Tribal G. and G. Shaman providing support roles such as healing and keeping morale. Since G. lives in forests or ruins together with spiders, tripods and another vermin they should be prepared for cases such as poisoning. It could mean they have some dwellings built in trees or something like this.

Hope I didn't forget something. If there is something unclear don't hesitate and ask.

schveider

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2