Might and Magic Tribute
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To-Do List

+2
Akkarin
asomath
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

To-Do List Empty To-Do List

Post  asomath Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:40 pm

A list of things to do can always be found on the wiki at this link: http://www.castlegobs.nl/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Things_to_do

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

To-Do List Empty Re: To-Do List

Post  Akkarin Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:08 am

There is another todo list concerning UDK development on the google code wiki:

http://code.google.com/p/might-and-magic-tribute/wiki/Todo

Akkarin

Akkarin
Team Recruit
Team Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:13 am

Im thinking I'll try to reconstruct a Might and Magic Tribute Wik or get access to the old one in my free time this weekend, so we can update things as necessary

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

To-Do List Empty Some thoughts

Post  Sinbad Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:14 am

I've got some free time to model some stuff or do some interior renders.
Reading over the to-do list it would seem that alot of the stuff on there is already wip or complete.

Since I don't know what is currently being worked on by other members, my request is that we have a place where we can state what it is we are each working on and how far through it we are.

Another suggestion would be to have someone that organises and delegates out the tasks to different members peice by peice.
A project leader so to speak. Someone who will get on our back about it if we're taking too long :p

Personally I just feel like its the lack of urgency that has slowly killed this project, coupled with the overwhelming daunting-ness ofcourse. If we could see progrress being made however, even slow progress, I think it would be enough to keep the project alive and encourage current and new members to get (back) on board and working on it.

Just some thoughts..

- Sinbad

Sinbad
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:24 am

Problem is the most of all models are very old and I would like to use maximum of UDK's capabilities.The wiki "Construction" page (the one with info about model poly count) is outdated.Present-day hardware is able to handle ~400k-500k poly per scene(I mean high end graphics cards) so the bounds for each type of model should be changed.I think it could be somehow like this:
Items ~ 100-2000, Monsters ~ 5000-20000, Characters ~ 15000-25000

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Akkarin Sun Aug 28, 2011 10:02 am

I think one problem is, that most tasks in the original mmt wiki are outdated since we haven't got access to the wiki. I would suggest reassessing the situation and including UDK development in our considerations.

I would suggest coming up with some kind of status report containing information like what has been done so far (e.g. what models/animations/dialogues/maps/game logic etc. have been created). So we can estimate what needs to be done.
Then we have decided to use UDK as our game engine. So we should take into consideration that we need to integrate everything that has been developed so far (story logic from MMT 0.5, models, music, sound, etc.) into UDK.

I think it would be a good idea to specify some short term aims (besides the long term aim to create a game Wink ).
For example we could specify: "we want to create a map with three different enemy types, two quests, 5 weapons, two spells from every mastery, a working battle system, quest system, dialogue system, etc."
So we have some goals we can work towards and can track our progress.
From those aims we could derive tasks that need to be done and maybe create some kind of roadmap.

Akkarin

Akkarin
Team Recruit
Team Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Well, I'll be uploading the sounds to the google repository today. The Music is already on the CastleGobs Wiki, but I could put all the finished one's into a folder and upload them to the repository if that would be easier.

As to the wiki, I've contacted Cepheus, and hopefully he'll be able to get me access to it. Then we can start updating project details.

And for the models, would you programmers possibly be able to write a list of units/buildings/environment models that will be able to be done. That way we can, as previously mentioned, create a progress thread of sorts.

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Sun Aug 28, 2011 5:40 pm

Sinbad, since you wrote you have some free time, could you make new pyramid for Serenity, please?Textures are not important(except normal maps Smile ).I think < 50,000 poly is sufficient?When doing normal map use 2048x2048 size.And since you wrote there is a lack of urgency, you have 2 weeks to do it Razz Very Happy

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:19 pm

Yep, 2 Weeks or your demoted! :O

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Or even worse: you will program hud in Flash, in Action Script.I know it is cruel but deadlines must be kept Very Happy Very Happy

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinbad Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:04 am

Yay Very Happy you guys are seeming to grasp the idea of asset management! and by that I mean whipping the CG artist(s) until they make stuff.
That said: Sure thing, I'll get right on it.

So what is required? Exterior, Interior? Both?

Level design? or is there a floor plan already made?

The to-do list just says "Reconstruct the dungeon level of the Abandoned Temple, which was lost when a team member left before uploading it."

Please get back to me on any specifics so I can begin blocking it up.

Cheers,

- Sinbad

Sinbad
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:58 pm

For the first UDK tech demo, look at the getting the Exterior model. Later, the interior model will have to be made, and by the sounds of it, Ribannah never got the floor plan uploaded.

So for now, just an Exterior model for placement on the map. Follow Schveider's information when dealing with the model's details (as I have no idea what UDK requires or can do in terms of models)

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  Cepheus Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:40 am

Hi guys, here I am. Sent a PM to Asomath on Celestial Heavens confirming that I can't help you with the wiki issue unfortunately. Even so, I am willing to assist from here in any capacity I can (which mostly entails writing, design and wrapping your heads around the Might and Magic plot), but be warned that my free time is a bit limited right now.
Cepheus
Cepheus
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

To-Do List Empty MMT Wiki

Post  Akkarin Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:55 am

According to the MMT Wiki's User Group Rights only registered users have the rights to create new users.
I was hoping Cepheus would have the necessary rights, but without that option we're in a difficult situation.

We could create a (temporary) new wiki as Asomath has suggested before, but there are about 230 articles in the original wiki and it would take quite an effort to transfer all of them in the new wiki.

I'm still hoping we can get access to the MMT Wiki.

Maybe we could collect some important information and use the Google Code wiki as a transitory solution?

Akkarin

Akkarin
Team Recruit
Team Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks for registering Cepheus. I'll make sure the Castle Gobs wiki articles are backed up on my computer in case somthing happens to the domain and hosting.

Ill also begin work transfering important development articles to a new wiki source, for use in this transitory period.

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Sinbad wrote:Yay Very Happy you guys are seeming to grasp the idea of asset management! and by that I mean whipping the CG artist(s) until they make stuff.
That said: Sure thing, I'll get right on it.

So what is required? Exterior, Interior? Both?

Level design? or is there a floor plan already made?

The to-do list just says "Reconstruct the dungeon level of the Abandoned Temple, which was lost when a team member left before uploading it."

Please get back to me on any specifics so I can begin blocking it up.

Cheers,

- Sinbad

As Asomath wrote only exterior is needed so far.I imagine the pyramid similar to the old model = looking like Mayan pyramids(step pyr.), somehow damaged, appearing very old

We could create a (temporary) new wiki as Asomath has suggested before, but there are about 230 articles in the original wiki and it would take quite an effort to transfer all of them in the new wiki.

We rather need those articles which covers the technical part of game e.g. creating models, textures, sounds, dialogs, level design etc.

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:50 pm

I've created a wiki here and will start re-writing important pages. Feel free to write articles you feel are helpful or necessary:

http://mightandmagictribute.wikia.com/wiki/Mightandmagictribute_Wiki

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:39 am

asomath wrote:I've created a wiki here and will start re-writing important pages. Feel free to write articles you feel are helpful or necessary:

http://mightandmagictribute.wikia.com/wiki/Mightandmagictribute_Wiki

~Asomath

Despite you've created new wiki I think it would be best to write the technical issues to google code wiki.Of course we could have these on both wikis but it would result in incosistency.
It is also important to realize the more wiki or forums we have the more confusing it is for newcomers.Consider if it wouldn't be better to place it on google code wiki

EDIT: On the other hand more links from these sites to google code will increase its page ranking in google search Smile

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sinbad Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:35 am

Ok, so I've got a rough idea blocked out which I will upload tomorrow. I
ts basically a 6 tiered pyramid based somewhat off ideas from homm6 fortress, complete with lizardman statues.
But yeah, hopefully I'll be able to uplad a render tomorrow for some critiques.

- Sinbad

Sinbad
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:58 am

schveider wrote:Despite you've created new wiki I think it would be best to write the technical issues to google code wiki.Of course we could have these on both wikis but it would result in incosistency.
It is also important to realize the more wiki or forums we have the more confusing it is for newcomers.Consider if it wouldn't be better to place it on google code wiki

Perhaps have the wiki be for public game information, while the google code wiki be for developer information? Things that are changing everyday as they are being worked on?

schveider wrote:EDIT: On the other hand more links from these sites to google code will increase its page ranking in google search Smile

Thus the art of Search Engine Optimization Smile

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:37 am

asomath wrote:Perhaps have the wiki be for public game information, while the google code wiki be for developer information? Things that are changing everyday as they are being worked on?

Perhaps it would be really best to have two(or three) wikis.However I think the wiki you've created will be changing even more often since there are many creatures' stats missing.

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  schveider Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:22 pm

What is C&C?I assume it isn't Command & Conquer, right Very Happy

Anyways, I was wondering how compatibility of different screen resolutions with UI. Do we need UI redrawn for each of the popular screen resolution sizes?

Biggest problem is aspect ratio.However this concerns only of menus which are created as one part.On the other hand the HUD usually consists of several small parts so there is no problem.That's also the reason why I don't expect we will use similar HUD like in M&M 6-8.(It would require non-uniform scale)
Solution for different resolution but with the same aspect ratio is simple.Typically you create UI/HUD for highest resolution you are going to support e.g. 1920x1200.If user have smaller resolution then autoscale takes part.

schveider
Team Member
Team Member

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:49 pm

Sorry thats what I meant, Aspect Ratio, not resolution. And we can have a similar HUD, but we just have to split it into parts rather than one single overlay.

~Asomath

Edit: And C&C = Comments and Critique Smile
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:56 pm

I thought it would be a good idea to have the Music files archived, so Im uploading the completed tracks (There are currently 11) to the google code site.

Cheers,
~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  asomath Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:37 pm

Alright, this thread is nice and clean again.

~Asomath
asomath
asomath

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next